Sunday, December 6, 2009

CONNECTIVISM

Wow, I can now say that I've constructed a mind map http://www.mywebspiration.com/view/278723a2c10

Mine led me back and forth connecting things that I would not have occurred to me just making a list. I would say that for this week the BEST tool I have is now my free membership in Webspiration. Seriously speaking, I am amazed at how much I learned when I allowed myself to just start mapping. Great tool!

When I need to acquire knowledge about something I generally use a search engine keeping in mind keywords that will help the search focus. Used to be I'd be in the library at the card catalog -- how many of you out there even know what I'm talking about? Regardless, this is SO much better - faster, no time limits or dress code, and what a wealth of information is available. I am also extremely impressed by the extensive online library. It boggles my mind to think that I can drill into the ebooks on ebrary and come up with just what I need. Again - operating within the frame work of a search engine it is so amazing to someone like myself who cherishes books and would LIVE surrounded by books if I could. Now I have access to the world between google and the online library.

My personal learning this week is a road map for connectivism. I wound up coming back and connecting so many things on my mindmap with dual arrows. Since I am a visual learner always asking 'why' and 'how' I actually answered myself with the mind map!

1 comment:

  1. MaryLei,

    I know what a card catalog is - and I agree that searching in Yahoo is much easier!

    Andrea Hildreth

    ReplyDelete